1. Information Collected and Utilized Jobaline may collect or receive information about you when you register with the Jobaline website or submit information, including, but not limited to, user name, password, first and last name, email address, street address, gender, occupation, interests, messages you send to users, credit card information, billing information, information about third parties such as references or contacts, provided applicant information and any other data included in a submitted profile. Jobaline may collect information on the Jobaline website pages you access and other information you may volunteer, such as survey information, ratings, reviews, questions, and answers. Jobaline may also record actions taken on its websites including, but not limited to, clicks, page views, IP address, and search queries. Jobaline may store this information on its equipment or the equipment of third parties that it has a relationship with for that purpose. Please note that emails, messages sent via your web browser, and other similar means of communication with other users are not encrypted. We strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
3. Contact and Profile Information Jobaline's site may ask you to give Jobaline contact information (such as your name and email address) and demographic information. You agree that Jobaline may, as part of its services to you, communicate with you, or initiate communication with you on behalf of a 3rd party, through your Jobaline account or through other means made available through your contact information such as email, phone, or postal mail. Jobaline may also use your contact information to (i) send you job alerts; (ii) create an account; and (iii) send you information about Jobaline and promotional material from some of Jobaline's partners. Jobaline may use demographic and/or profile data to tailor your experience on Jobaline's site, show you content that Jobaline thinks you may be interested in, and display content according to your preferences. Your personal information gets placed on the Jobaline website when you establish a profile or log-in to the Jobaline website. To the extent you provide Jobaline any information, and subject to your Privacy Settings, Jobaline may make your contact and other personal information available to third parties who may be interested in you as an employee, search engines, or to the general public by posting your personal information on the Internet. This may be crawled by, and displayed through, search engines when someone searches for your name. This means that third parties can view the personal information and you may receive unsolicited contact from parties unaffiliated with Jobaline and for whom Jobaline has no responsibility. You may opt-out of this feature by editing your Privacy Settings; however, Jobaline does not warrant how often third-party search engines will update their caches, which may contain old public resume information. Jobaline reserves the right to charge third parties a fee for accessing your information as part of Jobaline’s services.
We supply technology, hosting, hiring management and related services to other leading companies to power recruitment areas on their Web sites (sometimes referred to as “Hosted Job Sites”). Personal and/or demographic information supplied by you in Hosted Job Sites becomes part of the Jobaline database, but it is not accessible by anyone other than you, Jobaline, and the company concerned without your consent. If you attempt to register with Jobaline after registering with a Hosted Job Site, Jobaline will recognize your information and you will be able to use the information you provided to the Hosted Job Site in your account registration.
If you apply for a position through a Hosted Job Site or a co-branded site, you may be asked to provide information on your age, gender or race where permitted by law. You should understand that, if provided, this information should only be used by employers in accordance with applicable law. However, Jobaline is not responsible for the actions of such employers. Jobaline will keep all such information provided separate from your expression of interest in any job opportunity. Providing this information is strictly voluntary and you will not be subject to any adverse action or treatment from Jobaline if you choose not to provide this information.
If you apply for a position on Jobaline through a Hosted Job Site, you may be asked to provide information on your gender, race, or other protected status, or for a government identity number where permitted by applicable law. Some employers are required by law to gather this information from job applicants for reporting and record-keeping requirements. You should understand that if provided, this information may only be used by employers only in accordance with applicable law and they should not use it in making any negative employment decisions. All information provided will be kept separate from your expression of interest in any job opportunity. Providing this information is subject to local law.
4. Consent Jobaline offers any user the choice to utilize the Jobaline website. If you create a profile on or apply to a job through or otherwise use the Jobaline website, you are specifically consenting to the use of any personal information you have provided to Jobaline as set forth herein and in the Terms of Service.
5. Security Jobaline uses industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged between Jobaline and other companies to help ensure its security. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Jobaline's control.
7. Links Jobaline may create links to other websites. When you click on links on Jobaline you may leave our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, and we encourage you to read their privacy statements.
8. Amendments Jobaline may amend this policy at any time. If Jobaline is going to use personally identifiable information collected through Jobaline's site in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection Jobaline will notify users via email and/or by posting a notice on Jobaline's website for 30 days prior to such use.
Jobaline has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Jobaline, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR website for more information and to file a complaint.
11. European Union citizens have a right of access to their data. If you wish to access such data, please send a certified letter to the above address with a copy of your passport or national identity card (for identity verification purposes) and the same will be provided to you. There may be a charge for such a request (which will not be higher than applicable law permits). European Union citizens also have a right, if their personal data is inaccurate, of rectification, erasure or blocking of such inaccurate personal data. You may edit your resume free of charge (if there is an inaccuracy or otherwise), by following procedures set forth on the Jobaline website. If your personal data is inaccurate, you may alternatively request Jobaline to rectify, erase or block the data by sending a certified letter, with a copy of your passport or national identity card (for identity verification purposes), to the above address with the exact nature of the requested action.
The jobs contained in Jobaline's search results, or linked from those results, may have been created by people over whom Jobaline exercises no control. Jobaline's job search results are indexed in an automated manner and Jobaline does not screen the jobs. Jobaline assumes no responsibility for the content of any job listing or website that is either included in Jobaline's search results or linked to by Jobaline.com.
Jobaline's services are for your personal, non-commercial use only. If you wish to make commercial use of Jobaline, you must enter into an agreement with Jobaline to do so in advance. Please contact us for more information.
If you post content or submit material, you grant Jobaline a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple layers of sublicensees) right and license to make, use, sell, sublicense, reproduce, distribute, perform, display, prepare derivative works from and otherwise exploit all such content and materials for any purpose without restriction. Furthermore, you grant Jobaline, its affiliates, and sublicensees the right to use your name and/or user name in connection with the content. You represent and warrant that all content and materials you provide shall be your original work product and will not be based on, or derived from, the proprietary information or items of a third party. You agree not to impersonate any person or communicate under a false name or a name you are not entitled or authorized to use. You will defend and indemnify Jobaline and its affiliates from any claims resulting from any content or materials you provide hereunder.
At your discretion, you may provide feedback to Jobaline concerning the functionality and performance of the Jobaline service or site from time to time, including, without limitation, identifying potential errors, improvements, modifications, bug fixes, or enhancements (“Feedback”). If you, through your evaluation or otherwise, suggests any Feedback, you hereby grant Jobaline a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple layers of sublicensees) right and license to make, use, sell, sublicense, reproduce, distribute, perform, display, prepare derivative works from and otherwise exploit all such Feedback and materials for any purpose without restriction. You agree that Jobaline may disclose that Feedback to any third party in any manner and you agree that Jobaline has the ability to sublicense all Feedback in any form to any third party without restriction.
You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the services or site by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Jobaline, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with Jobaline. You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the services or site (or the servers and networks which are connected to the services or site). Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with Jobaline, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the services or site for any purpose. You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Jobaline has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Jobaline may suffer) of any such breach.
Jobaline reserves the right to use the content of messages sent through Jobaline to prevent potentially illegal activities and activities that are detrimental to other users. Jobaline reserves the right to use a variety of methods to detect and address anomalous activity and screen content to prevent abuse such as spam. These efforts may on occasion result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users.
Some areas of the Jobaline service require you to register. If you register, you agree to (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form (including your email address) and (b) be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your username and password and not transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party.
We reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to terminate users, reclaim usernames or URLs.
In addition to (and/or as some examples of) the violations described in the Terms of Service, users may not: